The Amazing Race 9x12
5 Continents... 10 Countries... and More Than 59 Thousand Miles!
As the final stretch of the race begins, the teams travel 75 miles to the Royal Kraal and receive clues on T-Mobile Sidekicks. They’re directed to fly over 7,000 miles to Tokyo, Japan and then locate the world’s busiest intersection in Shibuya, Tokyo and find a clue on a giant screen. The clue directs them to a statue of a dog named Hachiko, and then to a Detour — Maiden or Messenger. Maiden requires them to transport a maiden a third of a mile, while Messenger requires them to assemble folding bikes and then deliver messages to two buildings. After completing this task and sleeping in capsules at the Capsule Land Hotel, the teams travel to the Fujikyu Highland amusement park where a Roadblock requires one member of each team to ride on three rides and search for a clue. The clue takes them to the Pit Stop at Lake Yamanaka, where they then use a duck boat to cross to the Big Swan.
On the second leg, the teams are directed to fly 9,000 miles to Anchorage, Alaska. A scramble for flights eventually ends with all teams making it on the same flight to Anchorage. Once in Anchorage, the teams travel 30 miles to Mirror Lake. There, a Detour involves a choice of Drill It or Deliver It. As Deliver It is snowed out, all teams choose Drill It, which requires them to drill ten holes in a lake and then use a shack to cover at least two of them. After completing this task, the teams head to Kincaid Park, don snowshoes and hunt for a clue. This clue directs them to fly to their final destination city — Denver, Colorado — the same town in which they started. Ultimately, the teams find themselves back at the Red Rocks Ampitheater. The difference between winning and losing comes down to a Roadblock that requires the teams to find a flag for each country they visited and place them in the correct order. Their teammate is allowed to assist verbally, but not physically.
The Amazing Race season 9
- 9x1Here We Go, Baby, Off to Win a Million Bucks! Feb 28, 2006
- 9x2I'm Filthy and I Love It! Mar 07, 2006
- 9x3I'm in Russia Playing with Dolls Mar 14, 2006
- 9x4It's Not Over Until Phil Sings Mar 21, 2006
- 9x6Sleep Deprivation Is Really Starting to Irritate Me Apr 05, 2006
- 9x7Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes Apr 12, 2006
- 9x8Here Comes the Bedouin! Apr 19, 2006
- 9x9Do you Know how much Running I Did today, Phil? Apr 26, 2006
- 9x10Man, They Should Have Used Their Fake Names May 03, 2006
- 9x11I Think This Monkey Likes Me! May 10, 2006